Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wheres a good sorce for sheet metal for a 72 rancheto?going to pick up a 351 q code 4 speed car and need some parts.and where can i find out how many were made with the things it has on it.
thanks john

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
wheres a good sorce for sheet metal for a 72 rancheto?going to pick up a 351 q code 4 speed car and need some parts.and where can i find out how many were made with the things it has on it.
thanks john
The front sheet metal is specific to the 72 model year only, from the firewall all the way back the metal will interchange from 72 to 76. Interior parts are universal from 72 through 76. Wiring from 72 and 73 interchange without trouble but 74 through 76 are different as well as 77 through 79. You will ONLY find 4 speed parts on 72 and 73 cars, after that you might be able to score a shift hump and center console from 74-79 Cougars and whatnot. I'm sure I'm missing some things here and there but that should be a good starting point for you.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
around the 1/4's is rusty and a spot in the bed.onetulsaman do you have anything i'm just down in okmulgee
thanks john

1 - 4 of 4 Posts