Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i'm a little late on posting a build thread here, but here it goes. I have a 1973 Ford F250 Ranger XLT Camper Special. It has a 390 with a C6. I've completely stripped the interior and it is currently in the process of getting put back together. I've painted the wheels black and shined the hubcabs up all pretty. I've actually done a ton, just too much to list off the top of my head. I will include some links of what it looks like currently.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=33600&pictureid=130133

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So to catch you guys up to date with my interior, i got it stripped, painted, and it's waiting for the little details to be finished so it can start being put back together. The door panels had a bunch of holes where the PO decided to attach them to the door. To fix this I spot puttied over the the holes to fill them, I sanded them down and then I spot puttied over them again (to take care of low spots). Pictures coming this afternoon

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I forgot to mention, any questions on how i did something, or want to see more pics of something i'll be happy to post them. I kinda just gave everybody the reader digest version of the build so far, my original thread over in a dedicated truck forum is like 18 pages long

·
Premium Member
3,669 Posts
pictures of all your hard work are coming up as ....
Invalid Picture specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ack! Well I've never posted pics on the forum before but they are all showing up on mine. Is there a wait time on this forum?

·
Premium Member
3,669 Posts
Ack! Well I've never posted pics on the forum before but they are all showing up on mine. Is there a wait time on this forum?
no wait time...
most guys seem to have best luck showing pictures ..when uploaded else where
like photobucket for example... then hot link pictures here...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I suppose I should go make me a photobucket. Maybe they will let me load more than three pictures at a time.

·
Premium Member
3,669 Posts
Well I suppose I should go make me a photobucket. Maybe they will let me load more than three pictures at a time.
Yes they will. Just register for a free account. You can upload a ton of pictures.
And whont cost you a dime. The also apps for phones so you upload straight from phone...:)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Picture Cronicles

Take Two: Well here goes nothing. I'm a 16 year old kid and this is my first truck. I bought it for $500 bucks in the freezing cold, dark, after wrestling practice one day. So here goes the picture chronicles.
This is how the truck set when I bought it

Here is how the motor sat when I bought it. Minus the chrome air cleaner

Here is how the interior sat except it had a bright red bench seat in it.

After a wash

Here is some supplies I bought for working over spring break. I still have some sitting in my garage

The bench seat is a handy shelf

A spare carb I found in the toolbox and some crap from the interior

My dad playing in the truck

Taping the truck up

First prime

Finished up

Truck bed liner

After a two hour wrestling match I was able to pull the dash myself

Found this in between the dash and cab

Crap I dumped out of the climate control

Behind the dash

Interior color comparison

Cab ready for paint

Door Painted

Black area in dash painted

After blacking out the rims and polishing the hubcaps

Finished interior painting

My stepdad painted his girly car after he saw my wheels

An example of the holes filled

Blue for the last time

Black now :D

I see a bit of a difference

Dirty headliner chrome. Ick

Clean headliner chrome. Yum

Driver side

Audio equipment minus some 6x9's

Gluing headliner

The headliner really isn't that bubbly, but its hard to take a real good pic. This took my dad and I dang near 2 hours to put up

My first speed part :D

Dash Preview

Not sure what I think of the two tone door panel look. I'm waiting and observing it

Had to fix this because my dad moved the dash and scratched the front, and didnt repair it correctly

Clean Seatbelt

My new speakers compared to my old ones

I got me some stickers

SO I've put a TON of work into this truck, but I like all kinds of criticism. If you want to know anything about any process I'd be happy to explain it. My build thread on a trucks only site has 18 pages involved in it haha. I also bought some enclosures for my 6x9's I have for the rear of the cab. My total cost including the cost of the truck is 946.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I got the dash back into the truck today

I also test fitted my speakers in a pair of cheapo enclosures from the flea market. While I would never ever ever ever ever buy electronics there, the speaker boxes do fit my 6x9s, were 2 bucks cheaper than buying them on the internet, fit my budget, and had the nice clips on the back.

·
Premium Member
3,669 Posts
looking good....:tup:

holy smokes .... I can tell you figured out how to hot link pictures here...:D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So here is the morning update.
I painted a speaker grille blue all the way back in like March. Well it finally got back into the truck today.

Here is my 6x9 getting ready to meet the box. My dad sautered the wires on to the speakers for me. They are now in the boxes, but I am going to wait to show you guys that pic till I get the speaker grilles on.

Ill probably post a pic of the wire harness after I finish it, and also any other work I get done today.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
looking good....:tup:

holy smokes .... I can tell you figured out how to hot link pictures here...:D
Yeah I've taken pictures the whole way through the process. I figured it was good documentation and a good reminder that if I ever want to do this again that I am out of my mind. But it is fun.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welp after having a bunch of crap to do today, I got hardly anything done, however, I did get my speaker grilles assembled into the enclosures I bought. I think they look pretty damn cool

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ain't got a gat but I got a soldering gun

Got the stereo wires taped down so I can still drive the truck before I get carpet

This is the 6x9 enclosure test fitted. It looks so purdy.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I got all the wiring fixed, battery connected, cranked it, andddd nothing. So then I went looking. Behind the fuel filter, bone dry. In front of the fuel filter, bone dry. Line to the carb, bone dry. Soooooo I think I'm out of gas. Dang.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well she started up very briefly by pouring gas straight into the carb. The mechanical fuel pump does not want to prime...at all. ARG. Well at least she ran and no smoke got let out of the wires. That means my wiring job was good.

Hopefully someone somewhere reads this, I hope I'm not just typing to see myself type.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Hopefully someone somewhere reads this, I hope I'm not just typing to see myself type.
LOL, lots of folks watching your build I'm sure. I'm in Morgan Hill, CA. We had a '71 F250 aka "The Screaming Yellow Zonker" back in the day. My mom still refers to that old truck as "The Zonker." Haha.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts