Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was offered a trade on my other car for a 73 mav 2dr with a 250ci has 44k miles rust free in very nice shape what's something like this worth I I have 3800 into the car im trading don't know if I'm trading up or down? THANKS

·
Registered
524 Posts
Auto or stick, does it have AC, PS, PB? Bucket or bench seats. Don't do the trade until you see the title (still might be fake) and have the DMV or a cop run the VIN. Might be stolen is why the trade.
I'm trying to buy a 71 Comet right now that has more title issues then a dog has hairs. Real owner dead, gave it to another person who is now dead, no plates, out of state. Lost title, lost keys, and on an Indian Reservation (special issues there).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Auto or stick, does it have AC, PS, PB? Bucket or bench seats. Don't do the trade until you see the title (still might be fake) and have the DMV or a cop run the VIN. Might be stolen is why the trade.
I'm trying to buy a 71 Comet right now that has more title issues then a dog has hairs. Real owner dead, gave it to another person who is now dead, no plates, out of state. Lost title, lost keys, and on an Indian Reservation (special issues there).
Ps PB bench seat automatic car is in great shape and the car I have up for trade is rough he said he's been wanting a old station wagon, I've been looking online to see what mavericks go for couldn't really find anything

·
Registered
524 Posts
Bone stock, $1,500 to $4,000. Depends on color, tires and rims also, any resent work on brakes, trans, engine? If none, you could be getting a bunch of work ahead ($1,500) and if all these are no more then a few years old and suspension is good, $4,000 to maybe $6,000. Depending on your horse trading abilities.
But check that VIN info first.
Guy in SLC Utah (use to live there) bought a 69 Camero (5th owner). Paid $30K for it and put another $10K into it. Then went down to DMV to retitle it, and when they ran the VIN, it was stolen in 1974. UHP came and impounded the car and returned it to the original owner with all the upgrades. He was out $40K since it was stolen. A lien will have the same effect. Just write down the VIN and find a cop and have them run it.
I'm looking at a 71 Comet GT right now, that is in good shape, location sucks, the title is lost and more issues then a dog has fleas, lost keys and they want $6K. NOT! Engine and trans rebuilt 5 years ago, and been setting for the last 4, car is complete (so far that I can tell) but they've been stalling giving me the VIN to run it. BIG RED FLAG

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts