Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they all have 9" rear end or is it possible that it´s a 8"?
Can you figure it out if by door tag numbers?
It used to have a V8,not sure what though.

And how ligth can you make it? Fibreglass panels,aluminum parts,wheels,drill holes everywhere etc?

I found a POS ´74 Ranchero 500 roller without engine and tranny and i was thinking that maybe i should buy it for my future drag car project.
Convert my ´64 Galaxie back to cruiser,it weigths too much for a race car.

Thanks,Tommi

·
Registered
48 Posts
http://www.ranchero.us is a great source of info. I'm pretty sure the 72-76 models all had 9" rears. Ranchero's aren't lightweights, it may weigh the same as your Galaxie.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok.I´ll ask there also.

Thanks,Tommi

·
Registered
1 Posts
Some did have 8" rears. Quickest way to tell is if a socket won't fit on to the bottom two bolts...

BTW I'm new here, first post. Is this Torino board also the Ranchero board?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Questions!

I'm 18 and just got a 74 ford ranchero (automatic) as my first vehicle. I am not car savy, I was wondering if there's any special ways of starting it up at different temperatures. I have a friend with an older rig and he has to pump the gas peddle twice when the engines cold. Also any other tips you guys can give me to keep her running good, besides the obvious stuff. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Re: Questions!

I'm 18 and just got a 74 ford ranchero (automatic) as my first vehicle. I am not car savy, I was wondering if there's any special ways of starting it up at different temperatures. I have a friend with an older rig and he has to pump the gas peddle twice when the engines cold. Also any other tips you guys can give me to keep her running good, besides the obvious stuff. Thanks!
1 to 2 kicks of the gas pedal before fire up is fairly normal, what part of the country do you live in?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts