Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Well as the above says my plan is to make a replica of the Mad Max Yellow sedan Interceptor.
I purchased the car approx 1 year ago from a farmer in Western Australia about 300km from home for the sum of $1000.00. It is a 1974 XB Falcon 500 sedan and is still licensed.
It originally came with a straight six 200ci three speed column shift manual. Since then I have done quite a bit of work including engine and trans change to 302 Cleveland V8 with C4 auto, headers and 2.5inch twin exhaust, GT dash, T-Bar Auto and centre console, Twin Headlight GS grille, Lowered suspension and 12 slot chrome wheels.

It's no show pony by any means but it drives well and makes a great base for the mad max project.

I have attached some pictures of What it will look like and the Progress so far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Just wondering how your mad max project is going? i own the yellow interceptor thats been getting around perth for about the last year or so. their fun cars to drive just dont be camera shy or expect to be able to drive anywhere without getting pointed and stared at but i guess thats half the fun.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Damn that thing smoked em up pretty fast.... Gonna be a great looking car if you can get it to clone status.... Here in the states most states in the us have a gripe about light bars on cars that are driven on the street much.(And not being a law or emergency type worker/car) Not that you CANT but ya can get hassled a bit...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts