Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1980 built C4 problems please help

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  coastie1977 
#1 ·
Well everyone
I finely got it togather, but when I put it in the dyno all I have is low every detent is low no neutral, no reverse, no drive or second. I have park but I think the paw is the only thing holding it from going into low.
There are some bolt issues that hold down the valve body, but i dont think it would have anything to do with it. the linkage is off cause with the valve body in the trans there is no park detent just sits on top of the lob just enough to engage the paw.
i had good line pressure about 100 or so, at least i think its good and the cooler pressure was around 40 in and 0 out. i have about 8 quarts of Type F. can you guys and gals please shoot me some suggestions. all i could use right now is help. in preveous post i talked about a brass spacer that was taken out of the valve body and cant find where it goes.
i am thinking it is a spacer for the filter under the spring that the tang holds down i dont know and i need some help

thanks all lot for all your info.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
F350 i have the cone in the filter but the spaces is against the plate and the cone on it with the spring at the top. that is the only place that makes any sence. would the manual valve being off one notch cause all the gears to be low?

Discussion starter · #5 ·
yea
Thats where i have it but the linkage inside the trans is off. i think the piece with the loobs is on reverse. the parking detent will not go jsut sits on the top of the loob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.