Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently came across and purchased a rebuilt 200ci engine and put it into my 66 mustang. The car had no engine or tranny., but all the wiring and stuff is there. I still need a tranny, but my first dilema is this. From the engine cast numbers the engine is out of a 1981 ford fairmont. I could be wrong but the engine cast numbers are E1BE 6015-BB. The reason I bought it?, it was a steal. The guy had the engine rebuild but then the car was towed, and he had a freshly rebuilt engine, and I bought it, so that is that story. But this car obviously came with smog set up. My question is this, is there a block off plate I can use to delete the smog set up? I dont want to have to change the heads, as some one suggested this to me. Any other problems I might run into? I have headers for a 66' mustang 6cyl will these still fit?, and since I'm here and don't have a clue, I might as well ask what tranny I can? I have 2 rebuilt trannies, but 1 is out of a 69' mustang that I believe had a 250, and the other is from a 74' Maverick that for sure had a 250. Both trannies look identical to me, and niether has the torque converter with the fly wheel like teeth. I know I'm asking a lot and I must sound like an idiot here but please any help is enormously needed and greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

· Registered
3,573 Posts
On 2006-05-11 13:36, bluexl wrote:
Hi, I recently came across and purchased a rebuilt 200ci engine and put it into my 66 mustang. The car had no engine or tranny., but all the wiring and stuff is there. I still need a tranny, but my first dilema is this. From the engine cast numbers the engine is out of a 1981 ford fairmont. I could be wrong but the engine cast numbers are E1BE 6015-BB. The reason I bought it?, it was a steal.

Well it's am 81 casting so it is definitely from around that vintage.

The guy had the engine rebuild but then the car was towed, and he had a freshly rebuilt engine, and I bought it, so that is that story. But this car obviously came with smog set up. My question is this, is there a block off plate I can use to delete the smog set up? I dont want to have to change the heads, as some one suggested this to me. Any other problems I might run into? I have headers for a 66' mustang 6cyl will these still fit?,

I'm not sure if an EGR block off plate is available to buy but I've just made one with a plate of steel and a drill press. IIRC the EGR is prabbly on a spacer plate that can be removed and the carb bolted straight on

and since I'm here and don't have a clue, I might as well ask what tranny I can? I have 2 rebuilt trannies, but 1 is out of a 69' mustang that I believe had a 250, and the other is from a 74' Maverick that for sure had a 250. Both trannies look identical to me, and niether has the torque converter with the fly wheel like teeth.

They will both likely work but the Mustang one would be better as it would have the proper shift lever for the floor shift and possibly the right neutral safety switch. The Maverick would have had column shift most likely.

The teeth are not on the torque converter. You need the proper flex plate for the motor and the torque converter bolts to it

I know I'm asking a lot and I must sound like an idiot here but please any help is enormously needed and greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

http://www.fordsix.com/

Take a look here. Lots of six info there. Stu

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.