Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helping my father in law build a street car. So far we picked up some Trick Flow 170 heads, GT40 intake, 30 lb injectors, BBK headers and a BBK X pipe. Still need a TB, MAF + conversion kit, fuel pump, N41 cam, push rods, converter and a gear to get it running good. I ported the Explorer lower to keep up with the heads (i'm no pro at porting but anything would be better than the stock ports). The car already has coilovers, single adjustable strange struts/shocks and everything UPR makes except for an ARB. The goal is to run low 12's and maybe dip in the 11's under the right conditions.

Some progress pictures.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi , nice car , and very good setup , how much HP ??? I prepare my fox GT only for strip and now I ride high 12s but here (europe) is all poor. Mainly strips.

What's in the rear end and how much the car weights??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi , nice car , and very good setup , how much HP ??? I prepare my fox GT only for strip and now I ride high 12s but here (europe) is all poor. Mainly strips.

What's in the rear end and how much the car weights??
Thanks!

The goal is to put 300-325 hp to the wheels. The car has never been on a scale so i'm not sure about the weight. It will probably be around 3200 lbs with a driver when it hits the track. We still haven't bought the transmission or gear. Right now it looks like we are going to ditch the AOD and put a C4 with a 3,600-3,800 stall. The rear will probably end up with a 4.56 gear in it. This will not be a daily driver, just a weekend car that can be driven to the track.

Here is the new hood and a few other parts for the car

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
Sounds like a good basic setup. The intake is about at it's limits and may hold you back a bit feeding those heads, and I'd just go with SD instead of a conversion to MAF and then have to tune anyway - but that's me. Your stall is substantially higher than recommended, but is actually in the ballpark for a strip-only car with that cam and gearing, and then you'll need good tires also. I'd run a quality converter and a very large cooler on the street. I'd say you're looking at high 200s at the wheels for mid-12s with some chassis and engine tuning. Add a 75 shot to hit 11s. Put me in the betting pool and feed us updates.
:tup:
David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts