Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wutsup everyone i came across a 90 lx roller with a carb 302 bolted to a small block c6 for 1550 i got a aftermarket streetrod wire harness ready to run distributor mallory 6al ignition longtubes electric waterpump holley 600cfm carb an a holley blue pump edelbrock performer manifold . i was curious if i was gonna have a problem with the wiring because the original harness didnt come with the car i have a switch panel with a start button an fuel ,water , fan an ignition switches
also what should i do about the vacuum system is there an aftermarket product or should i get one from a junkyard ?

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Well... since your engine is carbed, wiring is quire easy. If it hasn't already been removed, you can remove ALL of the harness form the EFI system. It is totally separate from the rest of the wiring for the car. In the remaining wiring in the engine bay you can find the hot wire from the the key. This will fire your distrributor. Other leads for oil pressure and water temp you may want to run yourself to custom gages.

As far as vaccum, I don't quie know why you are worried about it. You can pick up a vaccum source from your intake manifold and run a vaccum line to your vaccum distribution block. That's waht I did on my '89 and everythign works great.

Hope thi shelps, John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts