Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '93 4cyl automatic convertible that has always had a vibration in it. It seems to be in the middle to the back of the car, but the driveshaft is good, new ujoints, etc. The wheels are balanced to the best they can be.

Its at 65-68 mph, not really bad, but enough to make the top vibrate. It seems to be worse on a coasting or no load situation, if your foot is in it you will not shake. At about 70-75 it seems to be gone. Its also odd that with the top down you don't seem to notice it as bad.

I've been through the bolts (every single one) on the whole car, and nothing seems to be loosening up. I do need some shocks, but not badly. Rattles and vibrations in a car make me crazy, and me and this car have done battle for a few years.

Any more ideas?

·
Registered
12 Posts
check your pinion nut.i had the same vibation in my GT and when i run the car in the 1/4 mile the vibration went away.but in coasting or street driving had bad vibration.changed eveything from motor to trany mounts,shocks,new rims and tires.while swapping my t-5 ta a c-4 found out my pinion nut was loose.i tightend it up and the vibration went away.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts