Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, would I necessarily have to replace the intake manifold on my 300 I-6 Bronco to upgrade to 2bbl carb from the stock 1bbl?. If not, how can the 2bbl be adapted to a 1bbl intake(putting in Holley/Weber...)? what parts are needed?, thanks a lot..!

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Im sure an adapter could be made, but squeezing it all through the single hole in the manifold would likely negate any advantages you are aiming for.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I found that the addapters work best when going down in size like for class restrictions or somthing like that . Trying to go up in size will more then likely cause fule flooding . Whats going to happen is by almost like funneling the air fuel mix into the smaller hole in the intake it will deatomise and flood the bottom of the intake.and you cant burn a liquid . I did this on a V8 with a addapter for 2 to 4 bbl
and olny went 2 miles befor the 2 bbl went right back on .

If you want more ponnies try to find a 4bbl intake and a small 4bbl carb this up grade is worth all the time and money it will wake your bronco right up

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
The 140-250 stuff wont fit the 300. I've seen folks braze carb flanges on too a stock manifold to make a tri=power setup, but that takes a lot of fabrication. Does look pretty cool in the long run.

·
Registered
692 Posts
If you are in no rush I have one of these 1 to 2 adapters hiding in my garage somewhere. I ran it for a while on my 300 when I couldn't afford the new intake and wanted to run my 2 bbl carb. It ran okay on my truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts