Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello does anybody know if 2.8 is the same bolt pattern bell as 3.0 I have a 2.8 in my 61 falcon and would like to put in an a4ld overdrive out of a ranger any info would be GREATLY appreciated
thank you to all you very knowlegable ford fans great info on this
site thanks c-4explosive

·
Registered
275 Posts
2.8 v-6, or I-6 (170)? If it's the 170/2.8 I-6 it's a different pattern for sure. I did a bit of searching. There are different incarnations of the ford v-6's, even of the same size.

Check this link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ford_bellhousing_patterns

There are some errors on that page. It's also not complete. I don't see 3.0 and 2.8 listed as having the same bolt patterns.

What year ranger?
What year and what did the 2.8l come out of?

If it's the Duratec V-6 for sure you are out of luck.

·
Registered
128 Posts
You might double check by visiting www.therangerstation.com

that kind of information ought to be obtained there for sure. Great resource for all things Ranger.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey thanks for all the help and the links my question is now answerd I have a early 2.8 out of a 1976 capri and Im puting a 1994 A4Ld overdrive out of areostar the transmission uses a computer to lock the tcc cluth in the torque converter and also to engage 4 th gear but not a problem I will use vaccum swith from Dont shoot me a 1985 GM car to solve my problems
thanks again for all help guys
I will have OD

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've got part of a hood prop from a Cavalier on my car. When you are making up custom stuff you take parts that will work from where ever you find them first

1 - 6 of 6 Posts