Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is this engine to drive in a 65 Falcon?
I'm used to only really having big block fe's and diesels. I saw a car recently that has this engine in it. Is it dangerous to drive on highways? Can it pull into traffic without too much drama?

thanks, I'm really ignorant about these lil 6's.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks John. That gave me a pretty good idea of it. I doesn't appear to be unlivable.
I saw a car for sale local that i was wanting to get, but I really didn't want to hate driving it. I think I'll go pursue the lil car.

thanks alot!
Drew

·
Registered
340 Posts
I had a relatively stock 200 in my 61 for a long time. It had enough power to merge safely on the highway, but not enough to get loose unless cornering hard or there was water around.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well that's cool. Thanks for the heads up.
The smallest ford engine I recall having was a 300/6 and I thought it was the weakest most pitiful thing. the idea of a 200/6 is horrifying. I feel a lil better now :)

either way, I rather a 390 :)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Well then ya answered yer own question before ya had even ask it.... And BTW FE is being modest.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nah, Fe, it was ok. At the time I went from a 7.3idi to a 300/6 so my memory isn't really fair.

Either way, thanks for yalls help.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Or you could just put a 390 in and not worry about it :)
That would be a plan for the future for sure. I've got enough parts to throw together a fe 390's and already have a built (by me) c6 for the fe motors.
It wouldn't be able to happen due to funding for probably 2-3 years tho, thus my questions about how drivable a 200/6 is.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts