Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Older bro and I were talking. His 2001 Cobra is a Daily Driver. Wants a little more "seat of the pants feeling", so decided to go with gears. He is torn between 3.73's and 4.10's. He would rather do 4.10's however is concerned about RPM's at 80 on the freeway. What will be the approximate differance between the two at 80 MPH? And what are expected 1/4 times with both gears? Would his trap speed remain the same as it is now with Stock gears? Bottom line here, what are the pros and cons of the two gear sets.

THANKS A LOT!

Jeff Given

·
Registered
51 Posts
<font color="blue">Go with the 4.10, after all it's a 4.6 DOHC not a 5.0 . I can tell you 1st hand, he'll be very happy
</font>

<font color="blue">GOD BLESS AMERICA</font>
<font color="red">USAF #1 in overnite delivery!</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1FAST67 on 12/23/01 3:22am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
4.10's at LEAST. The DOHC responds fantastic to gears. Consider 4.30's. I was just talking to a guy w/ a '00 GT and he added 4.10's and gained .45 sec.'s in the 1/4! And that is on the SOHC 4.6. Use the calculator in the previous post to see if you can live w/ the highway rpm's.

Jim L.

·
Registered
35 Posts
bob cosby's cobra uses 4.56's . he routinely drives it to ford events...getting 20-22mpg along the way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts