Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a wird problem on my f150, transmission don't want to shift to OD, other vise transmission is working OK. I also have a code P0581 which is something with cruise control and I don't think that this has something with transmission?
Any sugestions?

Thank you

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
The code includes Cruise Control, but is tied into OD in a couple ways. If your CC switch is on the stalk with your OD button - the switch module or wiring is bad (short or open circuit). If CC and OD are not in the same switch group, the trans speed sensor is likely toast. This is from memory, so be sure to check the diagnostic troubleshooting section of the manual for complete information to diagnose it properly before spending any money.

David

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your answer. The speed sensor is quite a posibility, but what is a CC switch? I don't have any manual :(

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
Cruise Control. I don't recall how yours would be, but they are often together in the same switch module, and if the module or wiring is bad, then the CC and the OD (overdrive) could both be affected.

David

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OD is on the shifter and CC is on the steering wheel, so I think that is some sensor in the transmission.
I ordered already transmission manual from ATSG.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update to this.
In normal driveing transmission normally shift from 1st to 3rd and than instead of going into 4th it goes to neutral.
If I put the OD off than transmission normally goes from 1st to 4th and no OD.
It could be on off the solenoids I think???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts