Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think it will get a more more confusing engine with things like variable valve timming or do you think they will go for increased displacement?

·
Registered
14,758 Posts
There was a rumor floating around about basing the new stang on a rear drive version of the focus platform. Given the fact that there are now drivable '04's being tested, I doubt that one. Word has it the 5.0 will return, but will be a stroked version of the 4.6 DOHC (maybe SOHC). We may possibly get a look at this engine with the return of the Boss 302 next year. The Boss will be similar in concept to the Bullet and the Mach 1 so look for a very limited number of these cars and performance somewhere between the Mach 1 and the Cobra. 'Course, all this is just rumor so actual cars may vary....

·
Registered
14,758 Posts
I thought the same thing. I'd heard rumors of a 5.0 based on the 4.0. It would make more sense given the space of the ls engine compartment. That would mean the new Cobra could possibly be running a 5.0 (4.0 based) with a supercharger. Ford's already planning a t-bird with a supercharger, due out '03, I'd heard.

·
Registered
14,758 Posts
Yep, woudn't be the first time they had two or three different V8 families going at the same time..(windsor, cleveland, modified, 385)

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you think they will going to go IRS or a solid axle? How much larger physically is the 4.6 than the 4.0 and how much smaller is the lincoln ls platform than the current mustang platform?
Catch you later,

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I know the 4.6 is as wide as the FE series, which is even wider than the 385 series. I didn't think the Lincolin platform was all that smaller, just by comparing the cars when I see them drive by. I can't wait to see some concept cars come out.

·
Registered
862 Posts
1) Article on Mustang future. http://auto.com/industry/stang11_20020711.htm
2) Artists conception of 2004? Mustang.

There Can Be Only One

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fnracing on 7/24/02 2:27am ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fnracing on 7/24/02 2:28am ]</font>

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats a nice looking car!!!

Check out the convertable

look at what ive found:

http://www.motortrend.com/sept01/ponycar/ponycar_f.html

Check you later,

1968 289 coupe, 65B, my car.
1968 302 coupe, 65A, my dads car.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HitmanKB on 7/24/02 3:08am ]</font>

·
Registered
52 Posts
That picture in Motor Trend looks like a Saturn with neon orange paint. If the Mustang looks anything like that, it will be a sad day in America. The day the last pony died.

J-son

·
Registered
14,758 Posts
Those old Motor Trend illustrations are old news. As usual, MT wasn't even close. The previous one is closer. Word is, it'll look a lot like a Shelby GT 500 ala '68 only "modernized".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts