Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I need to replace the oil pan gasket on my 2004 GT 4.6 w/manual trans. I have never done this before and would greatly appreciate any advice and if its at all possible for you to tell me what to do stepby step that would be awesome!!

Thanks for any help in advance!

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
FE , op wants step by step

start by raising car to workable level , done by a jack and use jack stands.

> get bucket , correct wrench size for pan drain plug . use wrench to remove plug and have bucket inplace to catch oil

> after oil is drained replace plug and remove bucket from under car
> dispose/store oil . cleaning of bucket at this time is optional

> get required tools to remove pan , correct wrench. sockets , extentions ect.
> remove all bolts that secure the pan to the engine

> when all bolts pan bolts are remove , bang , pry , kick , or whatever for pan to drop from block

> pan doesnt slide or drop to ground , remove what ever is in the F#$&ING way

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Hey all! I need to replace the oil pan gasket on my 2004 GT 4.6 w/manual trans. I have never done this before and would greatly appreciate any advice and if its at all possible for you to tell me what to do stepby step that would be awesome!!

Thanks for any help in advance!
You will need a way to support the engine. Otherwise, I have no idea how you'll get it out without raising the engine or dropping the k-member. Personally, I'd go the latter route, as it provides the most room and isn't that difficult or time consuming to do. If you don't have a hoist to support the engine, you can easily make a support stand with some angle iron.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
...or...

Refer to the appropriate repair manual and see how it is supposed to be done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts