Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,461 Posts
Dylan! You're alive! ;) Tell your friend the TR6060 drain plug is on the right (passenger) side near the rear output flange, and says DRAIN next to it. The fill plug is on the left side about in the middle. Why is he changing fluid? Generally, the TR6060 is considered by Tremec to be a "fill-for-life" trans. If he's just doing it for fun, ask if he gets a light rattle at idle or low speeds. If so, add a viscosity improver (thickener) like 20% Hy-Per Lube HPL201 or Lucas 10130 Synthetic Stabilizer to the Mercon V fluid on refill. There should be something similar in your part of the world.

David

·
Registered
10,461 Posts
In-fact I have - your throttle body will be going on a 427 stroker. I've already begun making the fuel rail parts for the injectors, although I'm not positive if I'll use them or port injectors. Probably finish sometime late summer. :tup: I'll send you pics.

David

·
Registered
10,461 Posts
I don't have one. It's location would make it hard to photograph in any case. His model may have a tube running towards it (but not to it), so he can use that to look or feel for it. The plug uses a square 3/8" drive hole, like the fill plug in the pic below.

David

TR6060 fill plug:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.