Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, my father-in-law is picking up his new 2014 GT500 in about a month. He has an 08 that they will take in trade, but he wants to sell it himself if he can.

$39,500.00 OBO
This car is like new.
5,800 miles
Garage kept.
FORD Racing intake and Exhaust upgrade and Retune. Done at Pingrey Ford in Selah. FORD Racing Open element air intake, FORD Racing stage II exhaust and chip and programmer. This upgrade bumps the horsepower output from the factory 500hp to 550hp.

Options:
Shaker 1000 sound system
Leather seats
Super Charged 5.4 V8
Six speed manual transmission
18" SVT wheels
Xenon headlights
Power everything.

If anyone is interested, call Jeremiah at (509) 930-8986

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you're saying that the dealership don't want to give him $39K trade in value? or he'd rather not take $39K off the price of his new car?
Right, They would love to take it in on trade, but don't want to pay him anything for it.

Nothing makes sense about it really, unless he just really likes money :)
How does that not make sense?

Simple economics really. He can make more money selling it than they'll give him in trade.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I though the trade in value is something that dealerships use? 39K is roughly the trade in valus -+ 200 bucks on KBB.com
They aren't willing to give him 39K. They're basically 10 grand below what he's asking for it. I'd try and sell it too if I could make 10K more than what they're willing to give for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts