Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 is gona be a good busy year . I have a new project car .It was FREE and you got to start some where . Goin to go get it Friday. We're up for the task ahead now, that might change when I pick her up. So I'll be checking with y'all for advice and PARTS. Will update Fri. or Sat.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Congrats! You'll have a blast.. You'll be frustrated at times but don't get discouraged, you'll get there.

Everyone here is very helpful and we're all Ford lovers :)

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks .
If time /wheater permits I'm gona run the ole gal and show her to JC, .He is the person that told me about this forum in May of 2010.I'm building a 63galaxie 500boxtop 4(more) door sedan with a 352 bored 40 over RVcam, cruise0matic. She cost 150.00 .

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Nice! I am sure he could use the company .

·
Registered
219 Posts
hahaha.. That's the guy I was going to buy his other car and found it to be in pretty bad shape from what I was thinking... :/ Glad you got a project from him!
Brian

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
That is the best price ever! I hope it is a fun project.

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
2013 is gona be a good busy year . I have a new project car .It was FREE and you got to start some where . Goin to go get it Friday. We're up for the task ahead now, that might change when I pick her up. So I'll be checking with y'all for advice and PARTS. Will update Fri. or Sat.

FINALLY SOMEONE who paid the RIGHT PRICE for a car :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Thanks. If time /weather permits I'm gona run the ole gal and show her to JC.
Hey Lester,
Would love to see you and SnoWhite.

He is the person that told me about this forum in May of 2010.
Seems like just yesterday.

I'm building a 63galaxie 500boxtop 4 (more) door sedan with a 352 bored 40 over RVcam, cruise0matic. She cost 150.00 .
Inexpensive at twice the price.

Anyway, if you come and there's no answer if you knock on the South Door, honk your horn. I may be upstairs and can't hear knocking on the South door from up there.

Hope to see you soon.

JC

·
Registered
219 Posts
I saw your other post about the grill. I think he has a spare grill and lots of parts. I just don't know what he's giving with the car. The one I was planning on buying listed lots of parts with it.
Brian

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can afford free. Friday We'll see if she'll be worth the money(which is slim) and effort ( which I have alot) Then again I could take her to a swap meet and trade her for something for the 63 "SnoWhite" .A WIN WIN for me..

·
Registered
219 Posts
Did you mention me to him? Does he still have the other car for sale? Did he give you the extra parts he had like grill and such?
Brian

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did you mention me to him? Does he still have the other car for sale? Did he give you the extra parts he had like grill and such?
Brian
NO SIR , I didn't and he didn't say anything about a grill. I do have to go back and get the rear window. He does still have the car and it's a good lookin ride.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
FINALLY SOMEONE who paid the RIGHT PRICE for a car :) :) :) :)
Those are my prices also FE. the last 2 cars I've used as DD (still using one) were both free.... (my dd is the little volare 2 dr) the other was the big boat (another mopar) that got totaled setting in front of the house.

·
Registered
219 Posts
when you go back look closer at the car :/ I thought it looked good enough the first time that I went back to buy it! Then saw all the issues. Pay attention to the lower rockers, trim missing and so on. :/
Brian

·
Premium Member
3,669 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LUCKLY ,I know a place that has older cars/trucks in his salvage yard. He is also a collector. He wasn't there the last time I was there, so I could see his collection.I'm gona take it there instead of parting it out at my house . From the side she looked fixable. Front and back view HOLY CRAP!!! If it hadn't been free I would not messed with it..

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I might have the shell of the 67 traded for a 63 mercury convert.I will know Thursday..At least the Merc is all there.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts