Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Wow, I will be there, I am just down the road in OKC.. Maybe I see you there fellow Wagon dude..

BTW there is a must see rare Ford Musiem in Ripley OK.. It was featured on TV show Rides when they followed the Hot Rod Powertour.. Lots of rare Ford (light weights).. Kirk Auto Museum, Ripley, Oklahoma very close to Tulsa.. Now gives me an excuse to drive up to Ripley/Tulsa.. Two birds one stone.

Anyway, I will be there fer sure..

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I am meeting the migration on RT66 and driving my Sprint all the way....unless 100 degrees, my health issues will not take heat that long....I am registered #1 and I am looking forward to the trip...and the show.....did you get the Window rollers???

·
Registered
698 Posts
The only Falcon owner other than myself I know of in OKC is an ex-coworker of my father. I think I saw his name as the chapter of Falcon club here in OKC. I dont think there is many Falcon owners here. I want to get back with him as he has done a AOD conversion using the column shift and would LOVE todo that on my wagon..

Well Mama only let me buy 1 old car. So I will be in my wagon.. I was trying to get her to let me get a 69' F250 crew cab. Was gonna do a diesel engine swap. Make an awesome tow vehicle.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
I'd love to join you guys, but the Google says it's 1674 miles to Tulsa! Would be a great drive through AZ and NM though. I went several years ago when it was on the West Coast and had a great time. HUGE swap meet as I recall so bring your wallets.

Here's some pics from that 2005 event.

FCA 2005 National Convention Photos by FatDiesel | Photobucket

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
698 Posts
I am only comming up for Friday. I have to help do something on Saturday. Its about a 90 mile trip each way... So probably drive up Thursday then see and drive back Friday afternoon.
Its the hotest day we had this year here in Oklahoma.. Definately 100+F..

·
Registered
698 Posts
Most definitely.. I am not going to go "cruise" HW66 or go see the Air Museum.. HW66 is about 6 miles from my house and after 23 years in the Air Force I am rather sick of looking, hearing, and smelling airplanes., my office right now is in the MX complex of the E3 AWACS radar planes so everyday I smell like jet exhaust.. I just want to see folks cars and see how people executed things on their rides..

I should have no problems with the car since I am taking the turnpike and air flow should be good.

You drove your sprint? Not the wagon?

Friday morning look for my Green wagon.. I would like to say hi..

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bad health on my end...103 degrees... I brought my Sprint....hope to take it to the drags.....been in FCA meetings 4 hours today....getting ready to head to the Hard Rock for a little fun.....

Attachments

·
Registered
698 Posts
I came I saw, I left.. I had to leave because I had something I need to do Saturday. My car made it there and back in the 100F weather.. I got rained on twice on the way there. Talked to alot of people. Seen many nice cars.. Not sure your saw the wagon.. It got lots of attention. I spoke to Doug a few times. If I stayed I had a good chance in the Wagon class.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Wish I had connected and met you why I was there. It was a great event.. Talked to alot of people. It was nice to see my wagon fit in with the others.. It felt happy to be among other Falcons for once.
I guess I rolled out before you got a pic of it.. I left Friday at about 3pm..

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry I missed you....we did the rt66 cruise, and that took a while....ate at a rib joint...in Claremore....all and all had a great time....the 64 did great....no issues due to heat....some of the old guys yelled at me for hot rodding the 64 but screw'em....I wasn't doing anything to bad......I always enjoy being out in my koon's.....nothing like pushing that clutch and letting 2 hit hard.....noodle salad for sure!!!! And it was freaking HOT......

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts