Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So to make a long story short, I picked up my 2013 GT Premium last weekend. However I noticed something very odd so I wanted to know if its because its a GT Premium or do I have something that could raise some questions as to why?

It's got Boss 302 keys street and track key, do all the GT Premiums have Boss 302 keys? If they do why it makes no sense. The dealership found this odd also because they are saying it has the Hi-Po 302 engine but yet it has no Boss 302 markings except for its keys. They did some research on it and they are saying there is only 3 more 2013s equipped like this. So what in the world is this thing a GT Premium or is it some strange mess up GT that got decked out as a Boss 302?

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
i'm just tossing in a Huge Guess here........:eek:

could it be that keys have a chip in them...
that computer reads...and then enabels diffrent drive mode...
like perfomance V.S. regular/standard mode....:confused:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm just tossing in a Huge Guess here........:eek:

could it be that keys have a chip in them...
that computer reads...and then enabels diffrent drive mode...
like perfomance V.S. regular/standard mode....:confused:

Yes that's what the keys do, I have a Boss 302 standard drive key then the Boss 302 Race Track key. You can hear the change in the engine tone between the two so yes its tuning the cars engine.

However this is not a Boss 302 its a GT Premium but I have Boss 302 keys which only a Boss 302 should have. So this is why I am so confused with this car, trying to figure out if they put a Boss 302 in a GT Premium by mistake. I have seen the keys for a regular GT 5.0 and they do not say Boss 302 on them. However I have not seen the keys for another GT Premium so I am wondering if someone else with a GT Premium has keys that say Boss302 on them.

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Wrap it in shrink wrap and store it for thirty years.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Yes that's what the keys do, I have a Boss 302 standard drive key then the Boss 302 Race Track key. You can hear the change in the engine tone between the two so yes its tuning the cars engine.

However this is not a Boss 302 its a GT Premium but I have Boss 302 keys which only a Boss 302 should have. So this is why I am so confused with this car, trying to figure out if they put a Boss 302 in a GT Premium by mistake. I have seen the keys for a regular GT 5.0 and they do not say Boss 302 on them. However I have not seen the keys for another GT Premium so I am wondering if someone else with a GT Premium has keys that say Boss302 on them.
whats the stock rev limiter set at??

post pics of the engine bay, then we can tell if its a boss engine (and maybe a lil camera phone vid to prove this anomoly) or if you just have boss keys :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts