Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

2013 taillights/bumper - what a improvement!

6K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  ford4v429 
#1 ·
need a 2013 thread.

the 2013 fixed the bumper/taillight issue for me, I hated the '10 version, but these look pretty darn nice:

and the new 650hp/600 ftlb gt500 engine is officially the most powerful production engine ever.

NICE job Ford.

I worry the pricetags gonna kill sales though...dont think rear end looks will for anyone though :)

See less See more
#3 ·
well, then be surprised- that is a ford picture, not a photochop :)

they released the 2013 at the LA auto show. I dont care for the big nose they put on it, not ugly, but kinda too much for me, but like the back a lot... compared to the 2010 I really like it :)

#7 ·
In my definitely biased opinion, yeah i much preferred the 05-09 version, I think the 2013 refresh will be generally well accepted- cant quite say that about the 10...initially the 10 rearend drew a lot of criticism, I think the 13 will do fine- especially the new backend...the bulbous grill opening isnt ugly, but I think a lot of guys would probably prefer the 10-12 nose over the 13. if I wasnt car poor already, I'd be tempted to get a 12 and order a 13 bumper/lights for it :)

I filled up my 06 tonight, might be the 'winter tank' of gas...know snow/salts not too far away from now :( hoping to put a new clutch in over the winter, and replace the 2nd synchro/blocker- they dont like powershifting, bout 10 runs at the dragstrip and it was hurting.
hey, if your 06 has a stock shifter still, watch ebay for a 08-09 shifter...I put one in mine ($15) and its night and day better...royal purple synchromax helped the balky second dramatically...soon as (if...) I start driving our 09/break it in, its getting RP before ever flogging it :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.