Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

240/300 headers

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  dadurweird 
#1 ·
I have recently become the proud owner of a 65 Galaxie Custom with a 240 6 cyl. and I am having a hard time finding a couple parts. Although I am not new to Fords, I am new to Galaxies and especially 6 cyl performance. Does anybody know of a manufacturer that offers headers that will fit the 240 in a car? I can't possibly be the first person to want them. I get a lot of smart a** answers around here when I ask like "don't bother, just swap a V8 and call it good" or simply "why?". I have done V8 swaps before and it is out of the question this time. I want to try something different. I bought a little hotter cam, Offenhauser intake, and a Holley 390cfm carb. Any other suggestions? Am I heading in the right direction? I'm not looking to be the fastest out there, just a strong runner. Any helpful advice would be appreciated. I could probably have headers custom made, but if there is an easier (and cheaper) way I would like to try that first. Thanks

#2 ·
Clifford makes headers for 240/300s, not sure if they make for cars or not. They also carry all kinds of performance parts including intakes. Not sure how to find them online, I tried a google search and came up with some BS. You might locate them through some of the small ads in the back of some of the four wheel drive magazines, they make performance stuff for 6cyl jeeps too. I believe you can turn a 240 into a 300 with a crank rods and pistons. If you cant find headers, some guys used to baffle and exhaust manifold to make dual exhaust.

#3 ·
start with Clifford.

http://cliffordperformance.net/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CP&Category_Code=F3

Then search around the 'net. There are plenty of Salmon...you know, guys that swim upstream instead of going with the flow. I had a friend in H.S. ( Hey, Mr. peabody, better warm up the "Wayback Machine&quot
that had a big 6-cylinder in a 66 Chevy BelAire. used to whoomp on the V-8 guys pretty bad. I also knew a few guys that ran big ford 6's in Mustangs that were very prone to issue spankings if you didn 't treat them with respect.

http://www.mustangandfords.com/techarticles/5283/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Beoweolf on 3/8/06 1:50pm ]</font>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.