Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, this site has been very helpful, thanks.

the problem now is, on my 67 289 galaxie, cylinders 1 and 3 are not firing.
I just did intake manifold gaskets, a rebuilt 2100 carb, was put on, had someone check the timing and its running rough. when i take the 1 and 3 plug wires off it runs the same, they have spark and good compression and the firing order is correct. i'm thinking no fuel to them? carb problem? also on the rebuilt carb i can turn one of the idle screws in and nothing changes.
shes was my daily driver and i need her back on the streets!

·
Registered
425 Posts
It's not the carb. Pull the valve cover and check the rockers and push rods. Do the plugs look normal?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I changed the gaskets because there was definitely an air leak

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And the plugs look normal, I think, I'll have to check it in the daylight tomorrow

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
I changed the gaskets because there was definitely an air leak

new problem with a few cylinders not working or now have a repeat of cyl. down .

still got a sealing issue ???????????

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man, I'm finally getting back into it, plugs look fouled, but switched them with firing cylinders and no change

·
Registered
106 Posts
I would check the valves before anything else......a lot cheaper and easier to check that out before real damage is done if thats the problem! Like has been said pull a valve cover and watch to see if they all open then move forward from there. Check the simple stuff first before over thinking.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I started it with the valve cover off and everything looked to be moving about the same, is there something else i should look for?

·
Registered
106 Posts
You need air,fuel,and fire. You have confirmed you have fire so what is keeping the other two from getting into the cylinder? I'm guessing this is a pushrod engine? You say the valves are moving but are they moving enough? Bent pushrods?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts