Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im new here, (first post) but im building an 85 ranger with a 302/c4 swap, but the 302 i bought ended up needing pistons and possibly a crank, i have a 351c short block laying around, ive got a buddy said hed give me the good stock 351w internals hes got laying around that he removed for a stroker kit, and i may be getting a 289 long block before very long, not sure yet tho, wanting this thing done pretty quick, but have to get the 302 done first. Im on an extremely tight budge, as im still in schoo, but is there any way i can combine the parts for these motors to make a decent mild 302? Without a whole lot of machine work? 302 is a 72 torino, cleveland came from a torino as well, winsor parts from an 88 f150 and 289 is a 67 mustang motor if that helps anything

·
Registered
456 Posts
Sounds like you have a bunch of mismatched parts that really don't go together very well.

Just for starters, the 289 and 302 share the same block, but the 351w is different and the 351C is a whole different engine family. None of them share the same crank or connecting rods.

My guess is that by the time the smoke clears, you will be better off money-wise just going with 302 crate engine from ATK.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts