Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Little history.I recently picked up a 63 Merc Meteor for our first father/son project.
All is going well so far. Son is getting his hands dirty and really staying with it which fuels me to get it going. The car is all stock with the 260/mercomatic speed in it. 260 is a dead dog. Ended up finding a 289/c-4 combo to drop in.
We got the old engine/tranny out and we are in the process of cleaning the engine bay up and getting it ready for the new transplant.

The carb off the 260 has recently been rebuilt. Its a 2100 carb (tag says C30F F.....C2LD). It also has I believe 1.01 venturi?
The 289 has the same looking carb but no tag on it. 1.08 I believe?
They pretty much look the same but the 260 carb has a hole on the top of the bowl (vent?) where the other has a plug. Accel pumps housing is a little different too.

Im wondering if I can run the 260 carb on the 289? Would it run too lean?
I was thinking I could pull the jets out of the 289 carb too and swap it? Good/bad idea?

·
Registered
381 Posts
The 1.01 is about 240 CFM which is enough to run the 289 until you get a 4v for the car :)

:tup:

Ditto on getting by.
The missing tag might also indicate a rebuild in it's past. If the 289 was running there probably isn't anything wrong with the carb but it wouldn't hurt to go through it either. The 1.08 jets might be the same, also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts