Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 289 with a t-5 for my 68 mustang. some one gave me a 90 ltd fuel injection set up. With the intake throttle body and injectors. I will eventually be putting a eaton m90 supercharger on this motor but my question is, the ltd was not an H.O. motor can I still use the intake and throttle body and injectors and put an H.O computer? Or ar they different? Thanks.

Nick

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
The upper intake is different on an HO but the lower is the same. You could do the swap and replace the top plenum with the HO ( not too hard to find) Stu

·
Premium Member
3,954 Posts
I havent done one, but did you address the firing order? I believe to run the later HO setup, you'll need a 351W firing order in the 289. Just a cam swap. but I believe its required.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Actually you can run the old cam and you can repin the injector connector for the old firing. HOWEVER it is recommended you leave the pins alone as the computer is actually calibrated for the HO order and it is "expecting" the Hego readings based on that. I did a swap on a 289 where we repinned the injectors and we recently pinned it back to the HO configuration based on a Ford EFI techs recommendations as it was causing poor fuel economy from the computer overcompensating for what it took as lean mixture. The port mismatch is not critical on a stockish motor. Stu

1 - 5 of 5 Posts