Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i got some bfg drag radials 215/60/14 from a buddy, i heard alot of guys talking about doing there burnouts in 2nd gear. That's fine but most of these folks had a t5 which has a 1.93 or higher 2nd gear ratio. I have a close ratio toploader w/ a 2.32 1st and a 1.69
2nd. I have a 3.55 open gear now but hopefully will be getting a 3.80 trak-loc soon. Which gear should i use to do burnouts with. Thanks in advance....

1991 Honda Civic Si- daily driver
2002 Midnight Edition Ford Escape- wife's car

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ga289stocker on 6/21/06 8:57am ]</font>

·
Registered
55 Posts
I do the burnout in the highest gear the engine will pull.I'm sure 2nd will work for you....maybe even 3rd.Get 'em spinning quick at say 5000 rpm,then roll out when the engine begins to pull down as the tires heat.If you don't have a line-loc already it would be a good idea to install one.Good luck!

Terry

·
Registered
201 Posts
Whew! Based on the title of your post, at first it seemed like you wanted to burn out second gear in a transmission and wondered if the Toploader or the T5 would be best for the purpose. Sometimes it pays to read on.

The wide ratio Toploader 2nd gear would be best. Even so, I can see David Kee rubbing his hands in gleeful anticipation and clearing one spot on his workbench for your tranny and another in his cash register for your dough even now.... LOL.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts