Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 40 year old centerline's 15x3.5" that are the original 2 piece rivet wheels. They're leaking air in-between where the bolt holes are. They originally have a nice silicone right in the middle inside the wheel to keep the 2 piece wheel from leaking the way it is. Ive tried using my own rtv to seal and it doesn't seem to work. Anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have 40 year old centerline's 15x3.5" that are the original 2 piece rivet wheels. They're leaking air in-between where the bolt holes are. They originally have a nice silicone right in the middle inside the wheel to keep the 2 piece wheel from leaking the way it is. Ive tried using my own rtv to seal and it doesn't seem to work. Anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?
Contact the manufacture, sometimes they are a lifetime warranty. What you got to loose?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did centerline's from 30+ years old. The one front doesn't leak but the other does. I used regular rtv to try seal the two piece design. Centerline said try using high temp rtv. On a side note does anyone know where to find the CHEAPEST 165r15 86t Arizonian tire. What is the replacement size or equivalent of that and CHEAPEST to find? Mines lost the belts from sitting flat. I just need one the other tire is in good shape. Used to be 40$+ for Volkswagen from pepboys said didn't have these. What's the equivalent of 165r15 86T Arizonian said I was missing a number in between?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is one 165r15 Arizonian . Discount said they had 165/80/15 that is about 25" diameter for 66$. Anyone know of cheaper tire or where to find the matching tread Arizonian?

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Not sure how it would work in this application but I have had great success with polyurethane sealant made for metal flashing. I used it to fix window leaks and things like that. When I was an aircraft metalsmith, we were not allowed to use RTV on aluminum because it has a vinegar base that causes corrosion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts