Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, a guy is selling a 3.8 supercharged thunderbird engine. Says low miles, but should i buy this and rebuild it, or build a 302? For my new 67 project car? (allready have a mexican 302 block) Which will i be able to get more HP out of? How hard would it be to swap the supercharger onto a 302?
Also, the 67 was factory a 6 cylinder engine, does this have a 8in or a 7.5? what about 6 cylinder 66 mustangs?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm guessing that since your project car is
a '67, then you want it to sound like a muscle car. I don't think you would be satisfied with the sound of the 3.8L.

"There is no substitue for cubic inches"

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Oh, man. The little v6 would sound like a pissed off rice-burner! It would be cool, though to have a really quick v-6 powered car. Would really surprise a lot of folks. There was a s-10 at the digs the other day that had the meanest sounding v6 I ever heard..couldnt tell if it was a 6 or 8 by the sound of the idle. Once he stepped on it, it was a dead giveaway, though....still ran 7.1's in the 1/8 though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.