Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i just signed up on here and i really need some help i have a tired 3.8 with about 250k on it. i have some money saved up and i plan to put in a mild 351w. i have the aode auto. has anyone done this swap?? can i use a fox computer and have no check engine lights or air bag lights? also with the exhaust will the 351w swap headers for foxes fit correctly in a sn95? i have a 94 3.8 auto any advise is greatly appreciated i have plenty of helping hands just need some good advise b4 i start buying thanks everybody i love the site!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok everybody i see i had no help at all :( bummer.. So far i have picked up a 94 gt auto computer, a 70mm bbk tb, a 351w roller out of a 96 f150. I also got a 90' 8.8 put my 7.5 axels in it and disk brakes and got it under the car already. It was supposed to have 3.73s in it but the speedo is way to close to being accurate for it to be 373s. The ring gear had 41 teeth but i didnt get the small gear numbers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
your looking at a wiring harness and ecu swap along with headers man youll need and oil pan too but what worries me is your planing on putting 94 axles in a 90 diff? the housing between the 2 are the same the axles for the the 94 axles are wider as well and after all that headache do you even have disc brakes ? best bet would be to pick up a complete 8.8 out of a 94-95 and it will come with all the right hard ware and the installation will be quick not tomention you'll prolly spend a bit on e brake cables and the such prolly be only maginally more expensive to go that route
but as for your swap not so bad, youll spend more time re wiring than you will swapping the engine around I can guarantee upgrade your brakes or
youll find out why i suggested the first time you try and stop from 120mph
best of luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts