Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anybody tell me the height difference in a 351 block with AFR heads,super victor,dominator with adapter plate -VS- a 302 with a torker intake and a double pumper.I know I can prolly find all the dimension's someplace,but I figured somebody here had been there and done that and could save me the trouble. I am not lazy,just efficient
Any help will be appeciated. Am about ready to shoot some paint on,but engine isnt ready yet and I want to get the scoop on now.....Thanks

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
I changed from 289 with an excelerator intake to 351w with rpm intake and now i cant get any air cleaner under the hood of my 67 stang. I would have to say at least 2 inches maybe 3. Somewhere in the region anyway. Have a good one.

·
Registered
73 Posts
figure this one: I put a 351w in my 67 stang with AFR heads, Performer RPM and a Bigs 650 HP carb. Looked like I needed an extra couple inches. Hood closes with 3 in. air filter. There's a couple of scars on the wingnut but other than that, no problem. And I promise I haven't smoked crack in over 30 years.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 67stang351 on 4/29/02 10:29am ]</font>

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
...thanks for the info. Wonder what the difference is in your two 67's? Intakes? Mounts? ....You sure about the crack thing?

·
Registered
73 Posts
only thing I can think of is I've got a 13" air cleaner and the max drop plate that will fit on the carb. I dunno. And about the crack, back when I was 18, which was 30 years ago--I lied, they didn't have crack back in them days, it was straight coke! Laterz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts