Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there such a thing? Or is the 4V refered to as the High out-put? The engine I took out of the stang B-4 said on the air cleaner said 302 4V Premium Fuel. I cannot make the numbers on the block...I will try harder later.
Thanks for any info...What should I ask for it when I sell it? It has a preformer intake and aluminum valve covers.
THANKS!
Matt

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Ford made a 302-4v in 68 with the air cleaner sticker you described.Specs are 10;1 compression, 230hp at4800 and 310 ft/lbs torque at 2800.Had one in my stang.Seen one for sale minus intake for $425 up here in Canada,it was a rebuilder. Their are probably a lot more of them in the U.S but their fairly rare up here.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have decited to make it a short block and sell it as a core. I can get more for the aftermarket parts seperate than selling it together. Thanks for the info on the motor guys.
Later-
Matt

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
I have a set of the 68 302 heads, they have a smaller compution chambers to raise the comp up and a bigger cam. the heads are for sale. the intake was cast iron if I remeber right. It was a good street combo from ford. they only had it for year 68 stangs
Alan

·
Registered
359 Posts
OK now does anyone in here know what the 4V means???

It was the 4 venturi design of the curburator as opposed to a 2 barrel on a non HO 302 hence 2V and 4V

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The # on the head is OE15. Does anyone know where I can look this up??
Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
This number is the date code and breaks down to 0, the year of the decade,I'm assuming its 1970 and the E stands for May and the 15 is the day of the month.So this isn't a68 302-4v.What is the casting number on the head,it should be on the deck side of the head by the pushrod holes.This couldn't be a BOSS by any chance could it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts