Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so i have a 1986 302 5.0 sitting in my garage with hopes of building it to be able to drive day by day, and use on the strip on the weekends. i am not sure what after market heads, cams, etc would work together to do what i want. money is also a factor, i want everything worth my penny. It would be greatly appreciated if you tell me what you believe will be the best set-up for what i am looking for. would it be worth making it a 331 stroker? i am not sure. you input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
You can make more power N/A than what that block can handle. You might not want to drag race it and also have to depend on it for a daily driver.

That said, I had a 5.0 block 347 w/125 hp shot of nitrous, 420 hp N/A, 510 hp on the bottle. It lasted a little while.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
This question has been asked countless times here. I'd search the threads and you'll find more info than your brain can handle - trust me. To answer the question with any real info you're going to need to tell us lots more about the car, it's weight, transmission type, gear ratio, rear tire sizes (yes really) and how you really plan to use it.

As was said, you can make 200 HP, 500 HP or 1000 HP depending on how fat your wallet is and how you plan to use it. I would seriously look around here and I'm confident you'll find what you need.

John

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi my last Fox body I had a 3:47 all aluminum block GT40 stage 3 heads jesel valvetrain GT40 upper and lower intake fuel injection Tremec 6-speed Ford 9-inch rear end all Billet aluminum driveshaft the ProCharger 20 lb of boost I made a tick over 1100 horsepower and that was not the real Wheels that motor wasn't in the car when I dyno it but still that was also in 2001 my father drag races a pro mod so we live at the racetrack I drove that car every single day never had no problems I ran pump gas the only problem you have on the street I had in 6th Gear at 2 Grande put it to the floor you'll go all over both lanes Smoking the tires oh and last problem is get ready to spend 40 Grand you want to do that and almost a divorce LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts