Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently rebuilt a 302 in my 79 truck, mild cam, .040, stock intake, stock exhaust. I was given a Holley 500 cfm 2bbl carb. I am presently using the 500 2bbl on the stock 2bbl intake, and am fairly happy with performance. would I gain or lose anything buy using an aftermarket 4bbl intake with the 500 cfm 2bbl carb?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I doubt you would notice much if any improvement with a 2v carb on a 4v intake. If you want a 4v I'd get an intake and go with a small 4v like a 600 Holly vacuum secondary.
I do have a stock 65 4 v intake laying around here
Clint

·
Registered
54 Posts
WE RUN SBC'S (i know< dirty word) IN ALL THE ASPHALT CIRCLE TRACK CARS WE RUN, AND WHEN THEY MADE IT LEGAL TO GO FROM 2 BARREL EDELBROCK VICTOR JRS TO 4 BARREL VICTOR JRS WITH ADAPTER PLATES AND HOLLEY 500 2 BARREL CARBS, WE ALL OF A SUDDEN HAD A BUNCH OF INTAKES SITTIN AROUND. I DONT HAVE ANY DYNO NUMBERS, BUT THERES ONE MORE OPINION FOR YA

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Just find your self a good stock 4v intake

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tonys10sec306 on 7/5/04 8:35pm ]</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts