Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
Hey Chris - a few questions. Are the pistons stock bore? What undersizes was the crank polished to? And I'm most curious - what numbers are on the crank and rods? The rods look like F2 versions - not even around in 1990.

Thanks!
David

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pistons are stock bore i dont know what numbers are on the rods or crank off hand. i will check in a few. came out of myroller motor in my falcon. i went 347

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
as it turns out this setup appears to not have been from a mustang. the cranks first four digits are f7te wich indicates a 97 light truck/ bronco according to what ive found. the rods on the other hand are stamped f2te. good eye psig. wich is 92 light truck/ bronco. the journals on the crank came out at 2.120 with my dial caliper so i dont know that it had been polished or not im just going on what i was told when i bought it. the setup ran great in my car going mid twelves with a four speed and an E cam. sorry for the mis advertisement.

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
No problem - that's Explorer GT40 stuff, 1997 to 2001. Good stuff and fully usable in any 1982+ block (one piece seal), but if someone just needed the rods, they likely wouldn't perfectly match balance on a crank that had used the C8 rods. Good luck on the sale. It should be snatched-up by someone needing a ready-to-run standard 50 oz. balanced setup.
:tup:
David

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the assembly was in a ford racing technologies block. i actually have the flywheel to go with this setup for $ 60. i never thought about it being "p" stuff. should have checked that before i posted it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts