Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building a 351w to replace the 302 in my '69 Torino. I have all winter, so I'm going to home port/pocket the E7TE heads for a mild street/show engine. I'm looking for exhaust manifold options:

1. Will 1st generation 351 parts will fit on an '87 or later head?
2. Wll it fit a Torino? I have a C4 w/floor shift, so not worried about the clearance.
3. What about porting 302 or 351 manifolds?
4. Can I use Mustang early or late model parts?
5. Anything else I'm not considering??

Even if I wanted to run headers, I can't because the owner before me welded the ps cylinder bracket to the frame. It's such a good weld, I doubt I can cut it off.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Any windsor style manifold will bolt up to the E7 heads..Whether they will fit in your torino properly is another story...I don't think you will see much of a performance gain by grinding on the manifolds...As for your drop bracket dilemma I would either grind it off or have another piece fabbed up and welded to it to give you the clearance necessary for headers.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks frdnut! Were there stock high performance manifolds made? If not, I may run Hedman shorty headers because I know they'll fit, and won't have issue with clearing the cylinder. Long tube headers on Fords always seem to be a pain in the ass clearing the Bendix power steering.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Thanks frdnut! Were there stock high performance manifolds made? If not, I may run Hedman shorty headers because I know they'll fit, and won't have issue with clearing the cylinder. Long tube headers on Fords always seem to be a pain in the ass clearing the Bendix power steering.
Some are a little better than others like the 289 HiPos or the 69-70 351 windsors but the truth is none of them are good for high performance...A shortie will be a little better but my choice would be long tubes if you are after max performance.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
If these would work for you, i;d sell em cheap.
Hedman long tubes, coated with the new POR-Hi-heat paint in aluminum
Part # 88308 spec;d for 302-351 in 70's small Fords
They fit a 67 Mustang, 64 Fairlane
Brand new in the box- $160.00

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.