Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw some cool parts at a swap meet today.Dual quad intake and heads for a 302 tunnel port.I've seen pictures but never the real deal.Very nice exhaust ports I don't know why they didn't continue to build them that way on the windsor heads.Price was a little steep at $3900 but these are pretty rare pieces.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: frdnut on 6/9/02 1:54pm ]</font>

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Ive read in "High Performance Ford Engine Parts Interchange" book that they only worked at extremely high rpm's, like 8000rpm or so. Most engines would self destruct before the full potential of the heads were used. Then they came up with the Cleveland head for the Boss 302, easier on motor's. What a score though to find.

Rick

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it would be cool to have these on a motor but when it was all together it wouldn't really look any different from a regular smallblock.I read somewhere an interview with a guy that used to run one of these in 68 in the Trans Am series,he said you could probably grab hold of the driveshaft with your bare hands and stall the engine at anything below 4000rpms.The engines would come alive though around 8000 rpm but the bottom end wouldn't take it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts