Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

347 HP Estimates??

25K views 15 replies 3 participants last post by  Berserker 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

I finally have my new stroker set up sitting around waiting for my car to come back and drop in. It's been off for rear end work for a while and not 100% if it will see this season so out of anxious curiosity I was wondering if anyone could make some educated guesses on some HP numbers I might be looking at. Any help is appreciated greatly!

The Set Up.

347 Stroker
Scat 9000 cast crank
Scat 4340 forged I beam rods
Wiseco flat top forged pistons
MSD billet Distributor
SA Gear Billet Timing Chain w/Torrington Bearing
Custom grind Hyd roller cam. (gross lift I: .584, E: .579 duration @.006 tappet lift I: 285 E:296 lobe sep. 108.0)
TEA Twisted Wedge 205 11R 56cc (10.6 comp)
Comp Cam Ultra Gold 1.6 rockers
Victor Jr. Intake that will eventually have some porting
Prosystems custom 780 carb.

will eventually be in my 1969 Falcon :) C4 full manual, Hughes 4000 stall, ford 9in 4.11s ((thinking about trying a 26in slick))

Thanks alot guys.

See less See more
#8 ·
I was originally doing a dart 363 set up to help reach my goal of sneaking into the 10s. He showed me a similar build that was getting closerr to 600 just shy by a bit, can't remember exactly but it was between 570-600. My work situation fizzled out a bit so I dropped back to the 347 for cost, figuring later down the road when I got some money to throw at it I could get a short block and have most everything to put it back together. Also I could perhaps hit a 100-125 shot and probably still hit around where I want to be. Now 10s were like even 10.95 to me id be byond happy haha and were more the numbers I was concerned about. Since I made the switch I had forgot to ask a ballpark figure of what he thought I would be looking at until it had shipped so I'm sure I will hear back soon, I figured in the mean time I'd lay it out on here and see what you guys think lol.

#10 ·
Haha now that you say it I can't believe I misread that! I am going to blame lack of sleep so I don't feel quite as foolish lol

Thanks a lot guys! It's been a big help. I had no idea what I'd be looking at as I've not been at this for very long but its looking like it should be fun! If I were to get around that it would be great. My hope of getting around a mid 11 eventually on motor with this might look possible then haha. Its temporary in the sense one day I wiiiilllll definitely move up to a bigger cube dart block but for now that's really where I'd love to work on hitting. If I could after getting everything performing well, putting that 10.xx on a slip feels more real with a smaller 100-150ish shot.

I guess we will see!

#12 ·
It can be easy to get hung up on HP numbers, I know as I have done it. There is a lot more to going fast then the Dyno numbers. The little 347's will outperform a stock stroke 351W using the same heads,cam,carb and similar intake. It will accelerate your vehicle quicker in the quarter. your combo should get you in the low to mid 11's depending on the weight of the car.

#13 ·
Thanks a lot guys!!! Now if I can just find and kidnap Force!! Haha. Its probably not going to be so great for a while as I'm new to everything. If I get it together this will be my first trip to the track so I will need some practice and setting up but the potential being there is nice. I have always been more concerned with times over dyno numbers but I can totally see how that would suck you in and I appreciate the advice!! I was more so just lost on what to even expect.

My car BTW comparing to very similar car should be in the ballpark 2800ish give or take. I'm a bigger guy though so I'm gonna say anywhere from 29-31

#15 · (Edited)
forget john, take one of his daughters, lol.

yeah dyno numbers are fun for bench racing but i would personally rAther be able to tell a guy with 500 ho that i beat him with only 400, lol.

dynos and some dyno operators lie anyway. they will not all produce the exact same result.

one thing to think aBout is drag tires.

nitto and mickey thompson make some. buy them for the track only.

larger diameter ones give better traction than smaller ones but must work with your gearing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.