Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of late I have been hearing about these 347 stroker engines that come from T&L in NC. The engine costs $3700 (US) and is complete minus the carb,dizzy,wires and pulleys. They provide you with the dyno sheets and are making approx 410 FWHP and 420 for torque. You can also pay extra for a warranty. Looking at their website it says that they build nascar engines as well.
My question is, How the hell are they making money off these engines? They are using aluminum dart heads (195 runners/2.02 valves), RPM intake, Scat stroker kit, Custom ground cam ect. Between the parts, Machine work, Dyno runs and labour it would definately cost a hell of a lot more than $3700. Has anyone out there dealt with them or bought one of their engines? Especially the 347 stroker? Almost seems to good to be true. Here is their website;

http://www.tandlengines.com/

Thanks for any input in regards to T&L.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I've heard of them too, and have been damn close to picking one up lol. If you mind your p's and q's and don't mess with too much, say...cam and induction (keeping in mind the total package), it wouldn't be hard to make that 410hp into 450hp. Might not even need it if the area under the curve is substantial enough. I've seen lower hp motors kick the dog snot out of motors that people would have put money on against them. It's all about the total package =).

Anyhow, any more info on these guys would be great!

Cris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts