Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran into a small problem today at the machine shop on my engine....CC the heads and got 51cc not 60cc like we thought they were....With the KB 6.5cc pistons i have, that makes 11.6:1 C.R. A little on the high side for my marine application..Now do i switch to a 16cc reverse dome to get compression to 10.3:1 or grind my heads???The reverse dome is a better design than the flat top for make'n power...
I hate delays

Russ.....

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Can you throw those pistons up into a lathe and machine a dish into the face yourself? There should be enough material in the tops for this.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I was thinkin' doing some chamber work is the easiest and cheapest. It would also increase the flow of the head.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The machine shop said they will swap the pistons for the cost difference and shipping...It was going to cost $25/piston to machine them..Less than $100 to replace them...As for doing the chambers,,,the thought crossed but I just hate to grind a head with that kind of squeeze...There are only so many of them left..Life goes on,,the engine will run..Just hope I have enough money left to Dyno It...Never dynoed a small engine, Just big diesels...
Russ....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts