Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 347 is very streetable and mild, my cam choice could have been bigger. Max power was at 5700 rpm, O2 sensor showed a lean condition about the same rpm.

Mexican block 302
Scat crank 3.400"
Eagle rods 5.700"
SRP forged pistons +.030
Rings-can't remember
Comp Cam 270H
Motorsport timing set
Edelbrock RPM heads 1.90" intakes
Comp Magnum rollers rockers
Edelbrock RPM intake
Quick Fuel carb 750 dp
Mallory Unilite and Hyfire Ign
MSD wires
Autolite plugs
Hedman 1 5/8 full length
2 1/2 exhaust and flowmasters

T-5 trans with pulls done in 4th gear
65 Mustang kcode coupe

Max RWHP: [email protected] rpm
Max Torque: [email protected] rpm

The Performance Garage
Nashville, Tn
615-250-3966

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yupe,,that sounds real low. You should be up in 425-475hp range,,I would think. Maybe Somethings Wrong with the Dyno. How long has it been since it was certified? I've got a Built Mex. 302 (not stroked) that produces 419hp Dyno'ed.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
I keep seeing (fwhp) in a lot of postings, I know I am placing myself at risk for being the “backwoods Okie that I am”, but i would appreciate it if someone would please explain what the letters stand for? I understand RWHP, means Rear Wheel Horse Power, measured from a DynoJet or similar chassis dynamometer. I understand the HP/TQ tables that usually accompany standard dyno, but this FWHP is new to me. I had thought it was referring to Front Wheel Horse Power

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: beoweolf on 9/11/02 12:42am ]</font>

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Cam choice is the key there I think...your cam isn't letting your motor breathe like it wants. On a 302 that would be a good cam for power...on a 347 I would advise something in the 278-288 range. Just my 2cts!

Cris Anderson

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The cam was an issue, along with lifters and pushrods. Since the dyno run the cam has been changed to Comp 282S. Have not been back to dyno yet, but seems to pull alot harder in the upper RPM range.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The cam change did pick up 1.3 mph trap speeds. Before it ran consistent 110.3 mph now its up to 111.57, ambient temp was about 15 degrees cooler also. Theres still more just have to fine tune.

Mike

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
New updated numbers run on a Mustang Dynamometer at Delk Performance, Lebanon Tn. today.

340 hp @ 5750 rpm
368 lb/ft @ 3500 rpm

Mike

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
That's not a good thing.

Just as a warning, do not tune or swap parts based on a different dyno. Always, if at all possible, use the same dyno(even the same operator). As diferent dynos will be just that, different. Especially when they are of different types/brands. Consistency is the key to success in this hobby.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Hi there Kcode
nice numbers

How much rougher is the idle with the new 282s?
I stand corrected but i thought you would lose a little torque with a bit bigger cam?or am i confusing it with porting heads etc?

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
Those are very good numbers for a street car at the rear wheels. I'm sure it's a VERY fun car to drive, and totally embarasses the 'carshow' guys who drive stock Shelbys around... and think they are fast.

BTW, what kind of power did the more 'stock' guys produce at your Dyno Bash? The ones with 'correct' Shelbys, etc.

Have fun with it!

http://www.fortunecity.com/silverstone/healey/367

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: n2omike on 10/26/03 8:48pm ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: n2omike on 10/26/03 8:50pm ]</font>

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Whats up with the people bashing those first numbers?

Nice work, please follow up this post with vechicle weight and 1/8 1/4 mile performance times.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The car is a typical 65 Mustang coupe, couldn't tell you the weight. I do my playing at Beech Bend track in Bowling Green. The latest times are [email protected] for the full quarter and [email protected] for the eighth with 1.80 60 foot on 26" ET Streets. Alot of room for improvement in the 60' times. Motor has about 10,000 miles on it now, I leak more oil than it uses.
Its strictly a street and play car, I'm happy with it.

Mike

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kcode on 11/1/03 11:46am ]</font>

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
On 2003-10-26 05:11, giddyup1 wrote:
Hi there Kcode
nice numbers

How much rougher is the idle with the new 282s?
I stand corrected but i thought you would lose a little torque with a bit bigger cam?or am i confusing it with porting heads etc?
You usually loose some torque in the lower rpm range but you gain more power as the more aggressive cam events improve engine efficiency at a higher rpm level.

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
Looks like you are making 400 hp at flywheel( 15 % loss thru the drivetrain).113 mph trap speed will take you solidly into hi 11s provided 60 ft times will be improved.
Nice numbers for a real driver!

·
Registered
10 Posts
ive got a very similar set-up to this in my 1970 zc fairlane (aussie) and it pulls really well, considering its alot heavier, great job, nice numbers too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts