Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI everyone, I have a problem setting the carb and timing on my 351 cleveland.

I does set the timing to 8 btdc ( 4-5 hg) but the engine would like it to be at 25 -30 at idle to have vaccum ( 13hg ) but when a set it to 25 initial than after when a rev it it passe beyond 32.

there is always fuel dripping from the carb to the intake when it idle,
i'm not able the adjust the idle mixture screw because there is raw fuel dripping in the intake

i've check compression : 120 psi on each cylinder
heads have been fully redone
don't know what cam is in it is but seem pretty agressif
i'have redone the carb and change de power valve to a 3.5, adjuste fuel bowl, fuel pressure is set a 5 psi.
holley 600 cfm vaccum secondary
x-celerator intake

any advice will be welcome

best regards

Simon

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
HI everyone, I have a problem setting the carb and timing on my 351 cleveland.

I does set the timing to 8 btdc ( 4-5 hg) but the engine would like it to be at 25 -30 at idle to have vaccum ( 13hg ) but when a set it to 25 initial than after when a rev it it passe beyond 32.

there is always fuel dripping from the carb to the intake when it idle,
i'm not able the adjust the idle mixture screw because there is raw fuel dripping in the intake

i've check compression : 120 psi on each cylinder
heads have been fully redone
don't know what cam is in it is but seem pretty agressif
i'have redone the carb and change de power valve to a 3.5, adjuste fuel bowl, fuel pressure is set a 5 psi.
holley 600 cfm vaccum secondary
x-celerator intake

any advice will be welcome

best regards

Simon
you redone the carb??? you need better skills on doing the carb. or have someone else do it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: 351 cleveland low vaccum in gears

hi

the carb have been rebuilt by a mecanic i was beside him, but as dan sugest, I have re do it, and this time i did it alone. now and it work very well. problem was the mecanic forgot to reinstall the jet. of course it was rich, hahaha !

now the engine and carb works great.

but i've run to an other issues, now that the transmission drive shaft and everithing is install:

in neutral i avec 15+ hg of vaccum with timing set at 20 btdc at 1200rpm, engine feel strong and steady

but

when i switch it in drive vaccum goes down to 5-6hg and rpm drop to 600 rpm and it shake a bit too much. ( c6 )

would a hi stall converter solve the probleme ?

is it something else that could be wrong ?

or is that normal ?

thanks

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
Re: 351 cleveland low vaccum in gears

hi

the carb have been rebuilt by a mecanic i was beside him, but as dan sugest, I have re do it, and this time i did it alone. now and it work very well. problem was the mecanic forgot to reinstall the jet. of course it was rich, hahaha !

now the engine and carb works great.

but i've run to an other issues, now that the transmission drive shaft and everithing is install:

in neutral i avec 15+ hg of vaccum with timing set at 20 btdc at 1200rpm, engine feel strong and steady

but

when i switch it in drive vaccum goes down to 5-6hg and rpm drop to 600 rpm and it shake a bit too much. ( c6 )

would a hi stall converter solve the probleme ?

is it something else that could be wrong ?

or is that normal ?

thanks
you don't know what cam is installed . that a Great start on tuning the engine
find out along with all the other specs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts