Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A 351 CLEVELAND AND WANT TO PUT MARCH PERFORMANCE MOUNTS FOR THE ALTERNATOR AND POWER STEERING BRACKET. THEY ONLY MAKE MOUNTS FOR THE WINDSOR MOTOR. IS THERE ANY DIFFERENT IN THE 351 MOTOR BLOCK? I KNOW THE ONLY REAL DIFFERENCE IN THE TWO ENGINES IS THE HEADS. COULD SOMEONE TELL ME THE BLOCK ARE THE SAME ON THE TWO ENGINES AND WOULD WINDSOR BRACKETS FOR THE ALTERNATOR AND POWER STEERING FIT A CLEVELAND ENGINE.
THANK YOU,
BRIAN
[email protected]

·
Registered
582 Posts
Totally two different blocks. 351W has a deck height of 9.5" and 351C has a deck height of 9.2. The front dress for each engine is also different. The Windsor has a separate cast alum. timing chain cover, where as the Cleveland has the timing chain cover cast into the block and has a flat plate to cover the front.

·
Registered
596 Posts
sorry, it won't work. the fronts are different. the water comes out of the windsor thru the intake, the cleveland goes in and out the pump. (as an example).....

you can find mounts for the cleveland, you just have to take a little time, they're out there.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I had the same problem, but I didn't have any brackets at all. I spent an entire saturday searching junkyards for a 351C so I could get the brackets. I tried at least 4 others from different motors (including windsors) that looked like it would work, but did not. Good luck finding a set!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the help and the info on this topic. I guess I'll just have my old brackets chrome plated.
Brian

·
Registered
119 Posts
Try having the stock brackets alum-ceramic coated (like headers). did mine and they look a lot better than chrome.

·
Registered
249 Posts
On 2002-02-18 15:01, Sirius9024 wrote:
I HAVE A 351 CLEVELAND AND WANT TO PUT MARCH PERFORMANCE MOUNTS FOR THE ALTERNATOR AND POWER STEERING BRACKET. THEY ONLY MAKE MOUNTS FOR THE WINDSOR MOTOR. IS THERE ANY DIFFERENT IN THE 351 MOTOR BLOCK? I KNOW THE ONLY REAL DIFFERENCE IN THE TWO ENGINES IS THE HEADS. COULD SOMEONE TELL ME THE BLOCK ARE THE SAME ON THE TWO ENGINES AND WOULD WINDSOR BRACKETS FOR THE ALTERNATOR AND POWER STEERING FIT A CLEVELAND ENGINE.
THANK YOU,
BRIAN
[email protected]
Hi, I have a set of adapter plates for a clevor motor in a late model mustang I can sell you. Use all late model brackets serpentine and your all setup. The kit consists of 3 plates. 1 for each cylinder head and 1/2 inch aluminium spacer for the crankshaft pulley.
I was able to attach all my accessories when I ran this setup.

-PONY
email @ [email protected]
if you want more info

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the info. I have decide to get my brackets aluminum ceramic coated, pretty cheap to. Total for an intake (top), two alternator brackets, power steering bracket, master cylinder cover and retaining spring and the handle of an oil stick was $154. I think this way was easier and cheaper than trying to find chrome parts.
Brian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts