Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying a used M-9424-V351 intake manifold for my 408W..Is this manifold indentical to the edelbrock vic jr?..Summits description says something about its "low rise" design?

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have one and I believe its the same as the Victor Jr except for the part#
I test fit mine on a set of Pro Topline 215s last night and the water ports won't line up. Looks like I will have to have one corner of the intake weldedup to give it a sealing surface.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yes, its the design of the head, not a problem of the intake. My problem is I bought 4 sets of these heads

It's not a big deal , but it was unexpected.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
You don't need to weld the corner of the water port on the Vr Jr and Super Victor intakes. Just put a good bead of silicone in that area and set the intake down. Snug the intake down and let the silicone "set". Then finish torquing to specs and there will be no leaking. I have done this 3 times and so far each time it has worked well but yes that is a design flaw int the Pro Topline heads but it is workable. Welding is a viable option though. I have been using the Fel-Pro 1262R gaskets and they have the large square water ports but the regular 1262 gaskets have the proper size water port size and I just use a Super Victor intake so I do not know if the Vr Jr water ports are larger than the Super Victor water ports or not. BTW Scott, I have 6 sets of them :O

·
Registered
310 Posts
I was wondering how you worked that out on yours.

I don't think I can get away with silicone on these aluminum ones, theres a gap big enough to to stick a pocket knife blade in.
I grabbed a Pro Products Victor Jr knock off intake off the shelf and it seals off,
the water ports is quite a bit smaller. Problem with that is , its matched to a set of Victor Jr heads on the shelf.
Anyway, the welding deal is no biggie for me. Ill take the intakes to the fabrication shop I used to work at and weld them up.
How extensive did you work the exhaust ports on your heads? Did you get into the inside bolt holes? I see that AFR works around them and makes a hour glass shaped port. I would like to see about 240-250 cfm

Later

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Agreed, the Motorsport intake looks the same as a Vic Jr, except for the cast on part #.

I have the Motorsport intake on my 393 with Pro Comp Vic Jr. knockoff heads. No sealing issues. Here is a pic of the intake, painted black for the sleeper effect, on my Stang:

·
Registered
659 Posts
I have them both. They are identical

·
Registered
237 Posts
the motorsport intakes are vic jr's with out edelbrock cast in them same in every respect edelbrock and canfield makes fords in take and canfield makes heads for ford the Z304 heads are canfields.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts