Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a running 351 Cleveland with 51k for 100$ and am planning to swap my car over. This car once upon a time had a v8 in it because it has custom motor mounts, chassis bracing, bigger radiator, built c4 and a few other things. As far as clearances I have herd that headers are a issue. I was wondering if there were any other threads pertaining to 351+v8 swaps. Thanks and I will keep you updated!

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
use a shoe horn, a Windsor block super tight, a Cleveland...hummmm, tight would an understatment......you should just trade me the Cleveland, and I'll give ya my 65, 289.....With falcon manifolds....would fit much better.....lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
While they are pretty expensive, Ford Powertrain, has some excellent headers for alot of applications.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
What year Falcon? I've seen one in a '64 but it had the shock towers notched and I'm sure lots of other tweeks to get it in. I'm going to the Ford car show at Knott's Berry Farm tomorrow so if he's there again I'll try to remember to ask some questions about it.

John

·
Registered
102 Posts
Im currently doing this swap what route are you trying to take?

There are about 4 ways to do it

Headers.....(havent heard anything good with this route)

Crites kit

Mustang II

And the way I decided to go.. Strait axle

The swap can be done with the right headers but OMG is it tight I have pictures of my engine sitting in the bay with no headers.... and its not pretty.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im currently doing this swap what route are you trying to take?

There are about 4 ways to do it

Headers.....(havent heard anything good with this route)

Crites kit

Mustang II

And the way I decided to go.. Strait axle

The swap can be done with the right headers but OMG is it tight I have pictures of my engine sitting in the bay with no headers.... and its not pretty.[n/QUOTE]

Feel free to share photos!!!! I'd love to see it

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just bought a built 302 this weekend instead of hacking my car apart.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts