Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there are headers available - or know of someone that has installed headers in a stock '71 Mach 1 2V Cleveland with FMX?

I found Internet product listings for Hedman, Hooker, and Dynomax that suggest they're available, then I find descriptions that say C4 only.

If they are restricted to the C4 tranny, what aspect of the FMX interferes with fit?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Isn't the FMX tranny a little wider? I can't remember. I'm assuming they are long tube headers. Let me see if I can find something on the net as far as size goes between the two trannys........

·
Registered
712 Posts
I got some 6921HKR's for my '73 Montego that are listed as '71-'73 Mustang, Montego/Torino w/351C 2v. They have no transmission footnotes that I can find, and I am eager to get my car in my garage again to put them on.
Try this link: http://www.network54.com/Forum/119419/thread/1159274683/Header+Help
There is a guy with them on that forum with an FMX and P/S, so they may fit yours. I can't wait to put mine on, that should give me miro low to mid range power. Also, they have 1 3/4" primaries, I wasn't ready to spend $450- $800 for a set of headers, so I'll try these first.
Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts