Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
For the most part, I'd say that $550 is a little on the high side, unless they are rebuilt (with proof). The 2V heads work great on the street, I'd stick with them.
I know people will say otherwise, but a very good friend of mine has gone 10.20 in the 1/4 in a 68 Mustang coupe with a 351C with ported 2V heads, Predator carb, and C4 trans (among other goodies), so I know they work quite well.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Seems kinda high to me too. Unless they are rebuilt with good parts. I ported a set of 2v heads last yr (turned out, I didnt do a very good job as the numbers I got kinda sucked) for my racecar and managed to run 10.40's with them.

·
Registered
777 Posts
On 2002-07-23 21:32, flashford wrote:
... and port
plates...
Yuck, I have yet to personally see any of the port plates that are worth a da*n. And as for the high port plates on the exhuast side, most cars dont have the room to run the headers out far enough before they make the turn downwards and that eliminates any advantage of the higher port.

Although I have not seen the Parker port stuffers, the numbers I have seen from them arent as good as if you just filled the ports with epoxy.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I spent $350 on my closed chamber 4v heads, they came with stainless valves, already cut for screw in studs and spring buckets. I still spent another $160 having hardened seats and a valve job done to them.

I agree on the port plates on the exhaust side. Most chassis don't have the room for the upswept headers right off the head, so it negates any advantage of the port plate. You could install them on the intake side, but that would make your intake/exhaust flow ratio even worse. I just left them off. Just my $.02

1 - 6 of 6 Posts