Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys first time poster long time lurker. Well heres the deal i have an 89 mustang coupe with just about every bolt on. But the problem is the stock 302 just isnt enough for me. So i bought a 351C off my dad.

I just want someone to give me a few suggestions on a good combo.

I Currently Have:

-2 bolt block .030 over Stock Crank/rods/unkown silovlite pistons
-Iron 4V Heads
-MSD pro billet disti

What would you do for the rest of the setup?
Im looking for north of 500 on the stock 4v heads if possible. The car is a weekend warrior but i would like to run it on 94 pump gas at most.

Thanks for the help, ill answer as many questions as possible.

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
Hey guys first time poster long time lurker. Well heres the deal i have an 89 mustang coupe with just about every bolt on. But the problem is the stock 302 just isnt enough for me. So i bought a 351C off my dad.

I just want someone to give me a few suggestions on a good combo.

I Currently Have:

-2 bolt block .030 over Stock Crank/rods/unkown silovlite pistons
-Iron 4V Heads
-MSD pro billet disti

What would you do for the rest of the setup?
Im looking for north of 500 on the stock 4v heads if possible. The car is a weekend warrior but i would like to run it on 94 pump gas at most.

Thanks for the help, ill answer as many questions as possible.
4V heads , open or closed chamber. heads have screw in studs ?

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
For everything Cleveland related, go here:

Ford 335 "Cleveland" Series Engine Forum

There are lots of forum participants who can guide you through any level of build you want.

Don
yes he can and if anyone needs to know about FE engines they can go here..... or 429/460 they can go here .... or sbf , here is a site , even 6cyl stop by ....

why are we here then ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys sorry got called into work so i didnt get a chance to reply. Im still learning about these engines, so how would i tell the difference between open and closed chamber? The heads dont have screw in studs at moment, i was leaning more towards machining for studs. Im mainly looking for a, cam,spring combo, and which rockers and intake to go with.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Hey guys sorry got called into work so i didnt get a chance to reply. Im still learning about these engines, so how would i tell the difference between open and closed chamber? The heads dont have screw in studs at moment, i was leaning more towards machining for studs. Im mainly looking for a, cam,spring combo, and which rockers and intake to go with.
You're gonna need quite a bit more compression to get up to the 500 hp mark. As for IDing the heads, is there a raised "dot" next to the 4 on the very top corner?

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
I just checked there is a 4 with a raised dot.
the dot . some 4V's have some don't

you want how much HP ? the rest of the total build is .... trans type . if auto what stall , rear gears and tires . what rpm do you want it to operate in . . head work , intake / carb . your compression ratio is (measured) ?
cast pistons have a limit , imo a very low limit

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you want how much HP ? the rest of the total build is .... trans type . if auto what stall , rear gears and tires . what rpm do you want it to operate in . . head work , intake / carb . your compression ratio is (measured) ?
cast pistons have a limit , imo a very low limit

North of 500 if possible, trans is currently a t5 with 3:73, will be swapped with a t56 and maybe 4:10s? I dont know my compression, i just checked them there closed chamber heads, The number on the silvolites are ground off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts